1660: Conference of Vincent de Paul for the Daughters of Charity on the virtues of the late Louise de Marillac. After invoking the Holy Spirit, Vincent said that the conference has three parts: the reasons to talk about the virtues of the deceased sister, the virtues they have observed in Louise de Marillac; virtues that each intends to imitate. Various sisters are talking about their relationship with God, his wisdom, his humility, his kindness, his love of poverty, etc.. Vincent is commenting on some of the speeches, stressing, for example, prudence and poverty.
1699: At Riom, the representative of the Confraternity of the Ladies of Charity and Mother Juliana Laboue with superior Sisters sign contract for the establishment of two sisters to work among sick people of the city. Contracted was the provision of housing exempt from taxation and payment of compensation.
1932: In the infirmary of the Mother House died Fr. Raymond Gleizes after giving sixty years of his life to the small Company. Born near Castelnaudary, he entered the Congregation after he received priestly ordination on April 19, 1870.For first thirty Vincentian years were devoted to the major seminaries of La Rochelle, Nice, Marseille, Oran, Kouba, Tours. In the latter city he was a Superior. In 1902 Fr Gleizes became superior and director of Daughters of Charity in Liege. There he built, at rue Saint-Pierre, the imposing Gothic style residence which he was so proud. In 1921 he was appointed Visitor of France and shortly afterward an assistant of Mother House. For years he researched the life and virtues of Jean La Vacher, a martyr from Oran. In 1914 he wrote a book about him which French Academy awarded him.
1955: In Paris, the thirty-second General Assembly elected Fr. Felix Contassot as admonitor of the superior general. A “large Commission” of six members was then formed: its role was to distribute the questions to treat and to fix “the day order” of the sessions. To avoid waste of time and to count any digression in the discussion, seven commissions were made up, whose competence was limited to the one of the chapters under which the postulates of the provincial Assemblies or the questions were raised by the new Constitutions. The commission for the formation of Ours, was chaired by Fr. Scamps and Fr. Peters. That of canon law, was presided by Fr. Lopez and Fr. Rodgers. The one of the missions, by Fr. Deymier. Fr.Francis Godinho chaired the commission of the Seminaries; Fr. Tasso, the Liturgy; Fr. Joseph Lapalorcia, Finances, and Fr. Waclaw Knapik directed the commission of the Parishes. The number of these commissions and their topics set extension of the work of the thirty-second Assembly.