Ephemerides: April, 8th

Francisco Javier Fernández ChentoVincentian ephemeridesLeave a Comment

Author: Benito Martínez, C.M. .
Estimated Reading Time:

1655: A conference in the parlor of Saint Lazare attended by Vincent de Paul, his two assistants Fr Almeras and Fr Portail, Louise de Marillac and three other Daughters of Charity on the subject of withdrawing Daughters of Charoty from the hospital in Nantes where they were working.

1851: Berceau de Saint Vincent, near Ranquines. Fr Etienne acquires an estate called «Calot», once owned by parents of Vincent de Paul. It was an innitiative of Msgr Francis Lannéluc, bishop of Dax to build in this place next to the ruins of old chapel the new sanctuary for the glory of St. Vincent.

1900: In Rome, a decree is announced opening door to continue the beatification process of Francis Regis Clet.

1902: Sister Wauters, 28, and sister Vester, 20, open the first house of Daughters of Charity in Holland. It is located in Susteren in the province of Limbourg. On July 19 1927 Province of Holland of Daughters of Charity is erected consisting of 5 houses in Limbourg, Brabant and Gueldre. In 1935 provincial house was moved to Nuth and in 1958 to Baak. In 1958 there were 17 centers of Charity with 158 Daughters.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *