Ephemerides: April, 2nd

Francisco Javier Fernández ChentoVincentian ephemeridesLeave a Comment

CREDITS
Author: Benito Martínez, C.M. .
Estimated Reading Time:

1646: An act of union between Congregation of the Mission and Richelieu rectory is signed. The church located on the grounds of Cardinal Richelieu estates is admitted to the Congregation. Fr Lambert aux Couteaux, assigned by Vincent de Paul, was to make this place a model parish.

1660: Conference in Saint Lazare about motives and means to practice internal renovation.

1791: In Lorient, at 11 o’clock in the morning Francis Regis Clet embarks for journey to China.

1793: In Niort Fr Louis Hayer is guillotined. Born on April 4, 1751 in Sarrelouis he was a professor in the major seminary in Poitiers until the Revolution. When he denied taking oath on Constitution he had to take refuge. He was captured on day when he was on his way to a sick man providing him the sacraments. Then judged and condemned.

1830: Paris. Special church commission erected by Msgr de Quelen to investigate the reliquaries of St. Vincent because of planned transportation is beginning second stage of its works. A Casket with bones of Father Founder is moved from the chapel at rue du Bac to the saloon in Archbishops’ Palace.

1886: Paris. In the archbishops’ chapel, coadjutor bishop of Cardinal Joseph Guibert – msgr Francis Richard presides the first session of beatification inquest of Mademoiselle Le Gras. The goal of this meeting was to constitute ecclesiastical tribunal for beatification. Next session were approved to take place in Maison Mere of the COngregation of the Mission

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *